I’m writing this blog post as a holiday girl right now. I’m at the top of Turkey – in the Northernmost city, Sinop, by the Black Sea. It’s a nice Sunday with a cool breeze. And I’m working on blog posts that are long overdue! This is one of them.
Well I don’t know about you, but I love artichoke hearts. I mostly add them to my salads. In this recipe though, it makes a delicious combo with olives and becomes a nice dip.
The best way to eat this spread is warm. It takes about 25-30 minutes to bake in the oven. So, do it right before you plan to eat with friends and serve it warm. It tastes great later as well so don’t worry about leftovers.
For this post, I used this dip on a gluten free toast bread I worked on. However, you can also use it as a delicious dip with chips or any type of crusty bread. It can be part of a snack or it can be eaten as an appetizer or part of a lunch or dinner.
If you want to, you can use black olives instead of green olives. I love green olives so I used green but black olives will certainly add a nice touch of colour. Enjoy it with friends and loved ones!
1 jar (235 gr) pitted green olives*, drained and rinsed
1 jar (280 gr) grilled artichoke hearts in olive oil, drained
1.5 dl (or 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) sour cream
1.5 dl (or 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) cream cheese
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
freshly ground black pepper to taste
50 gr. (about 1/2 cup, or a bit more than 1 dl) grated parmesan
chips or crackers
crusty fresh bread
*I used chopped olives to make it even easier but you can just buy pitted whole olives. The net weight of the olives in jar is 142 gr.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Put aside a small oven dish.
2. Put olives and artichoke hearts in a food processor and process until they are chopped small and mixed.
3. In a large bowl, put the rest of the ingredients. IMPORTANT: put aside a few tablespoons of the parmesan you, it will be spread on top in the end. Mix the ingredients well.
4. Add chopped olive and artichoke heart mixture and fold.
5. Transfer the mixture to the oven dish. Smoothen the surface using a spatula. Spread the remaining parmesan on top evenly. Put in the oven, in medium rack and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the parmesan is melted and starts to brown. Enjoy it warm with friends!