Ah, Nutella! Even though I lost a big portion of my appetite for chocolate after having Dukan diet, Nutella still tickles my brain… This is why I never buy it, I know that the minute I bring it inside this apartment I will lose myself inside that jar…
But when I wanted to make some cookies with chocolate bursting out when you bite, there was no better choice than putting Nutella in it. So, after many, MANY months, Nutella was finally in my apartment again.. I used a little for the cookies and gave the rest to my friend. I hope he is enjoying it right now!!
250 gr. butter or margarine, softened in room temperature (I used Oivariini normaalisuolainen)
About 2 glasses of flour
3 dl powder sugar
15 ml baking powder
15 ml hot water
1. Put egg, powder sugar and water in a bowl and whisk it.
2. Add baking powder and butter. Just stir it a little using your hand.
3. Start adding flour and kneading the dough. I knead the dough with my left hand and add a handful of flour each time with my right hand. Add and knead until you have a non-sticky and soft dough. When you are done kneading, cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes of rest, heat the oven to 175C. Return to your dough, take pieces that are as big as a whole walnut. Spread it on one of your hands in a round shape and put Nutella in the middle. How much you will put Nutella in each piece depends on you. Close the piece so that the chocolate stay in the middle. Shape it with your hand as a ball, but do not put too much pressure otherwise the chocolate will burst out already as you are shaping the cookie. Put the tray inside the heated oven, in middle section.
5. Bake the cookies for about 15-20 minutes, or until their surface turns to light brownish. Take it out of the oven. You can either eat them like this or you can decorate them with some powder sugar.
Even though there was a nice amount of nutella inside and even though there was also a lot of sugar in the dough etc, the cookies turned out to be lighter than I expected – still quite filling though..