Dear Avocado! How could I live without you for so many years? I see those years as “lost”!
A few months ago, all of a sudden I started to like avocados. This was thanks to my then roommate, Anja. She usually put an avocado in the salad she prepared and by eating her salads, I grew to like to avocados. She really made me get used to healthier ingredients by the way while we were living together.
Ever since, I am trying to use avocado in many different recipes. The last experiment was to see how well it tastes in combination with eggs. I was actually thinking of using avocado as part of the omelette, not for garnishing it. But that was a bit too experimental for the first contact with eggs, so I only used it on top. But next time, I will blend the tasty avocados with yummy eggs!
(Serves for 2 people)
For the omelette:
1/4 tsp / 1.25 ml salt
1/4 tsp / 1.25 ml pepper
30 gr mâche (aka cornsalad, vuonankaali)
1 tsp / 5 ml olive oil (or vegetable oil, or butter, whatever you prefer)
50 gr goat cheese, sliced
Cherry tomatoes (as many as you like)
1 tsp / 5 ml lemon juice (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
1. Break the eggs into a bowl and beat them.
3. Put olive oil on a pan (you can use other kinds of oil of your preference). Put the pan on medium high heat for a few minutes. When it warms up, pour the eggs and mâche mixture onto the pan and leave it to cook.
4. While you are waiting for the omelette to cook (but do not forget to check it frequently), prepare the garnish. Slice 1 avocado and several cherry tomatoes in any way you like. Now you can use them to garnish the omelette as they are, or you can pour some lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix them for a richer taste.
5. When the omelette’s base is slightly cooked, at the goat cheese slices on it (Sorry, forgot to take the photo of this step!)
6. When the omelette is cooked well enough according to your taste, fold it in half and put it on a plate. Garnish with avocado and cherry tomatoes that you prepared in step 4.
Enjoy your very fresh omelette!