Oh, I completely forgot about this recipe. All the photos and my notes were sitting idly inside my computer. But I should have remembered – this is actually an extremely delicious recipe!
This recipe is full of nuts and dried fruits and even dark chocolate. If your kitchen is anything similar to mine, you might have all or most of these dried fruits and nuts on your shelves already. I especially love nuts and so my kitchen is full of all types of nuts.
If you are like me, but you have some other nuts and fruits, you can perfectly substitute the ones in this recipe with yours. This recipe is like a celebration nuts and fruits, you can’t go wrong with any of them!
The recipe is very easy, you don’t need an electric mixer, but of course if you prefer then you can perfectly use one. The only thing that takes time is a bit of chopping and that’s all.
I adapted this recipe from a gluten free cookbook I have called “Naturligt glutenfritt”. I am practicing my Swedish with it!
You can eat this bread just by itself as it has a rich taste with all the different ingredients. You can also eat it with a light salad. In any case, enjoy!
(makes 1 loaf, with 22x9cm loaf pan)
Printable PDF-recipe (no photos)
1/2 dl (or 50 gr or 3 tbsp + 1 tsp) rapeseed oil
1 1/2 dl (or 100 gr or 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) rice flour
1 dl (or 20 gr or 1/3 cup + 4 tsp) potato fiber*
1 tsp baking powder
1 dl (or 80 gr or 1/3 cup + 4 tsp) brown sugar
100 gr dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
100 gr raisins
50 gr dried cranberries
100 gr dried figs, coarsely chopped
50 gr pistachios, unsalted
100 gr whole hazelnuts, lightly toasted
100 gr whole blanched almonds
a handful of sliced almonds, to put on top
*You can find this in markets with a large gluten free ingredients section, like K-market in Kamppi.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 22x9cm loaf pan and cover the base and at least 2 sides with a baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, put rapeseed oil and eggs and whisk well.
3. Combine rice flour, potato fiber and baking powder in a small bowl.
4. Add brown sugar and flour mixture to the egg mixture and whisk well.
5. Add all the nuts, fruits and chocolate into the mixture and fold.
6. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and smoothen the surface with a spatula. Cover the surface with sliced almonds. Bake in the oven, in medium rack, for about 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. When it’s baked, let the bread cool down in the pan for about 30 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Let it cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!