These muffins are good for any time of the day. You can eat them in the morning for breakfast, at lunch with a light salad or in the evening as bread. You can even have one with your afternoon tea.
I’ve been away from my blog again for a while. At least the recipe part. I am not getting inspired much lately. So many things are on my mind. I think I am in a kind of mid-life crisis as I’m questioning a lot of things about my life. At least I am not convinced that I know what I’m doing with my life.
But I haven’t been just sitting on my butt either. I’m studying Swedish! And day by day I’m getting quite good at it! I’m also doing work for my podcast and for some other projects. I’m just not very inspired when it comes to cooking or baking.
But these muffins brought some of the inspiration back. They’re so delicious and light. They are full of flavours but nothing is overwhelming. I’m not getting into more details and I’m diving right into the recipe!
(makes about 14 muffins)
Printable PDF-recipe (no photos)
4.5 dl (or 300 gr) all-purpose flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
4 tbsp vegetable oil (I used rapeseed oil)
4 tbsp (or 60 gr) sour cream
2.5 dl (or 1 cup) milk
5 dl (or 2 cups or 175 gr) grated hard cheese of your choice
100 gr feta, crumbled
1.5 dl (or 75 gr) sun-dried tomato stripes
1.5 dl (or 50 gr) pitted green olives
2 roasted red peppers (ready from a jar)
soft butter or oil to grease the muffin pan
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a muffin pan generously using butter or oil.
2. Add the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and whisk a little, then put aside.
3. In a large bowl, put eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream and milk and whisk well.
4. Add flour mixture from step 2 to the egg mixture. Whisk well.
5. Add the remaining ingredients (from hard cheese to red peppers) and fold well.
6. Divide the batter into the muffin tins, fill them up. Put the muffins in the middle section of the oven and bake for 25 min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!
Pingback: Muffins Muffins Muffins! – With Sun-dried Tomatoes, Olives, Cheese And More — My Dear Kitchen in Helsinki | My Meals are on Wheels