Ever heard of Dukan Diet? Well, I hadn’t, until about a little more than a year ago. I was trying hard to lose weight back then for a while, I was around 65 kilos (and I am 1.62cm in height) and I had never been so heavy before. A friend visiting Helsinki eventually introduced me Dukan and that changed my life. For the first time ever I was on a real diet, and oh my what a diet, but in the end I lost 15 kilos in 6 months.
Ok, I might have followed the diet a bit too strictly, I was planning to go down to 55 but actually I dropped down to 50, but in the end I felt really so much better.
My breakfasts during the diet time involved nothing but this simple pancake. This is the famous Dukan pancake. This one I will write now is the one for Attack phase, which is the first phase. The amount of oat bran gradually increases as you go along the other phases.
I don’t know if it just became a simple habit or if I really liked it but even now I am still eating this pancake for most of the breakfasts.
1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
20 ml oat bran (kauralese in Finnish)
20 ml no fat yoghurt or no fat fromage frais (I always made it with yoghurt)
1. In a mixing bowl, put egg, oat bran and yoghurt and whisk it.
2. Put a flat pan suitable for making pancake on medium high heat. Put a drop of olive oil, then with the help of a paper towel, spread the oil on the surface on the pan while wiping out the excess oil.
3. With the help of a spoon, take some of the mixture and pour it on the hot pan. This portion of ingredients makes 2 pancakes.
4. When ready, turn the pancake upside down to cook both of the surfaces.
5. Do the same for rest of the mixture as well. If you are on the diet, you can have no fat cheese with it.
I used to make this recipe with quark instead of yoghurt. The mixture becomes a bit thicker, so you might have to spread out the pancake after pouring it into the pan.
Then I added sweetener and 0% fat vanilla quark, sometimes some cinnamon also.
Very Dukan approved, and a really tasty and nutritious breakfast!
Well yes since i made the ultimate no life version of the diet, i did not add any cinnamon, sweetener etc. ever to make life harder :) but it’s a good idea, will try it tomorrow morning!