Nowadays I am in a frittata craze. I make all sorts of frittata with a variety of ingredients on Sunday mornings. It is easy to make, mostly you can make it using ingredients at home and it is completely filling, with a rich taste.
The first time I made it, I used sun-dried tomato, artichoke, onion and garlic. This time, I had a few sausages left, so I made a non-vegetarian version.
This recipe makes frittata for 4 people. I used 6 eggs (in the ingredients photo there are 5 eggs but then I added 1 more while I was making the dish). You can use many more eggs if you want it to be even bigger.
Enjoy your weekend breakfast / brunch with a lovely frittata!!
(serves 4 people)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1/4 red bell pepper, chopped in small cubes
1/4 yellow bell pepper, chopped in small cubes
1/4 green bell pepper, chopped in small cubes
7-8 small sausages, chopped
1 tsp (or less, if you like) salt
Fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Put olive oil in a frying pan and warm it for a minute in medium high heat.
3. Add onions and while continually stirring, sauté onions until they are soft.
4. Add red, yellow and green bell peppers and continue stirring until they are soft as well.
5. Add sausage and stir for about 2 minutes.
6. Add salt and stir for 1 more minute. Take the pan out of the heat and put aside.
7. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
8. Add sausage and pepper mixture on the frying pan to the eggs and whisk them altogether.
9. Pour the mixture egg in an oven mold – I used a pyrex that is 24cm in diameter. Put the mold in the oven, in the middle rack. Bake it until the middle of the mixture sets, for about 20-25 minutes. When it is done, take it out of the oven and leave it to cool down.
10. Turn the frittata upside down on a serving plate. Decorate with some fresh basil leaves. Cut slices and serve!
See…and I had know idea, that you make frittata in the oven… last time I was trying to make something similiar, desperetaly fighting to turn it on the frying pan, ending up with srumbled eggs mixed with vegetables :-P thanks Asli! ;-)
hehe i’m honoured to be at your service :)
Looks so good!