This dessert is delicious, fast-and-easy, and it requires only 3 ingredients (4, if you want to top it with pistachios while serving which is totally optional). But I have to warn you, even with only 3 ingredients it is not the cheapest dessert to make, yet I believe it is worth the costs.
Ok, I wrote fast and easy, and it really is so, but you need to plan ahead. You need to put coconut cream in the fridge at least 1 day before so that it gets thick. After that, there is not much left to do, you will only need to use your electric whisk for a while (I mean, you can of course do it by hand, but it will take loooong).
I wrote above that it is not cheap, especially because of the vegan white chocolate. It is delicious all by itself as any chocolate, however it will be way costly than regular white chocolate. The other rather expensive ingredient is the canned pumpkin, at least here in Helsinki, but of course you can totally make pumpkin puree yourself if you cannot find it or if you’d like the challenge.
The pistachio decoration on top is totally optional, but it adds a nice richness to the overall taste so I highly recommend. Enjoy your dessert with your friends, family and loved ones!
240 gr. vegan white chocolate
4 dl (or 1 2/3 cups) coconut cream or milk, left in the fridge for at least a day, and any liquid left in the package discarded before whisking
2.5 dl (or 1 cup) canned pumpkin (pumpkin puree)
a handful of toasted and crushed pistachios, to decorate (optional)
1. In a medium pot, bring some water to a boil and then let it simmer.
2. Break the white chocolate in smaller pieces into a heat-proof bowl.
3. Put the bowl with chocolate on top of pot with water and melt the chocolate in bain-marie style, then take away from the heat and put aside.
4. Put the coconut cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk in high speed until you get stiff peaks (it took me about 3 minutes to do that). Scrape the sides of the bowl using a spatula in the end.
5. Add pumpkin puree and continue whisking for a couple more minutes, until both ingredients are mixed well.
6. Add melted chocolate and continue whisking until all ingredients incorporate. The chocolate which is still warm is going to make the previous mixture softer but don’t worry about that. Transfer the final mixture into: a. a pyrex dish like me (I used 20x30cm dish but a small one will be ok to use as well), b. small bowls (can’t exactly say how many as I didn’t do this myself, and it also depends on the bowls you will use, but i’ll say at least 4 bowls). Put the dessert in the fridge and let it get thick in the fridge for at least an hour (but overnight is better). Top with toasted and crushed pistachios while serving if you want. Enjoy!