I love new and different flavours. Their recipes are generally the most exciting ones. Like this cookie recipe.
This is a fast and easy recipe. You can use an electric mixer to knead the cookie dough as I did but you can very easily knead it by hand as well (I was just lazy!).
For this recipe, I got the inspiration from Archana’s Kitchen. I changed most of the spices, changed it to vegan and increased the butter (vegan butter) to get a better dough consistency and flavour.
The cookies are good the day they are baked and the next day however the longer it stays, the harder they get and the flavour gets lost. So I recommend it to be consumed fresh. One portion does not lead to too many cookies anyway so don’t worry, it will be easy to eat them all!
Enjoy your cookies with your favourite fresh tea (can’t say anything about eating with coffee, but I kind of doubt that it will go well.. then again, I don’t like coffee souu..).
(makes about 24 cookies)
Printable PDF-recipe (no photos)
5 dl (or 2 cups + 4 tsp) all-purpose flour
3 tbsp dairy-free yogurt
1.5 dl + 2 tsp (or 2/3 cup) vegan butter, softened in room temperature
3 tsp lightly toasted cumin seeds
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 red chili peppers, very finely chopped
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp sugar
1.5 tsp salt (you can increase it to 2 tsp if you really like salt)
1 tsp ground paprika
1 tsp ground turmeric
1. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer or by your hand, mix and then knead to create a smooth dough.
2. Put the dough in a clean bowl and cover the bowl with a stretch film. Put in the fridge to rest for about 10-15 minutes.
3. While the dough is resting, preheat the oven to 180C. Line oven tray(s) with baking papers.
4. Lightly flour your work surface. Put the dough on the surface and roll until it has about 2-3 mm thickness.
5. Using a cookie cutter, cut circular cookie shapes and put them on the prepared oven tray(s). You don’t have to leave too much space in between because the cookies do not spread. Bake in the mid section of your oven for about 25 minutes. Take out of the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool down. Enjoy them fresh!